Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 14th 2010

Please forgive the time delay in writing this blog....my dad has been in the hospital since the last posting and priorities have been with him...he is now getting better but in a nursing home to regain his strength, so my postings may be spotty for some time to come...

Questions:

Hello Laura!

Your cats are gorgeous!!
I have attached a picture of my cat, a Himalayan-Ragdoll mix to refer to, as I plan to look into buying a purebreed-Himalayan next year. Since I love this cat's face so much, I want to get a purebreed that looks very much like her. Thus, my questions are:

1) What face type is she closest to?
2) Her colorpoint? The vet has her down as chocolate, but then what is "seal?"
With your expert eye, I will at least know exactly what I am looking for when the time comes. Should you need a profile picture, I'll be happy to send one to you.

Thank you so much!! Your help is soo appreciated!
Corinne

Answer:
Good Morning Corinne,
Thank you for contacting me. I am Laura Peters with Paz 4 Play Cattery. Chelsie is a doll face with a tortie gene. She looks like a seal pt to me but the way to know for sure is to look at the leather of her paw pads. If they are seal brown then she is a seal pt, if they are cinamon pink then she is a chocolate pt.
A seal pt is the darkest points with the base color of black, the chocolate is the darkest color point for a cat that has both the red and black mixed. There are only two colors in cats at the most basic level...red and black...all the colors derive from the mixing of the two colors. Because Chelsie has that patch on her nose and paws, I know that she has both colors in her bloodline as that is how the tortie gene (dual colors) is expressed, in her coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment